"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Last day

Today was the last day I will ever pick Clayton up from Mother's Day Out. His real last day is Friday, but I will be at work, so this was his last day as far as I am concerned. On the way to pick him up, I started weeping. I cannot believe this is the end of an era. He has not been in existence long enough to have lived through an era. He has been loved and nurtured by these incredible people for 4 years and it is now coming to an end. My face was still red when I picked Clayton up. He said, "Mommy why is your face so red....are you sad because I am going to Kindergarten?...You look so much prettier when your face is peach." Thanks, buddy!!


3 comments:

Rachel H said...

Erica, I can not even imagine! I will be praying for your Mommy heart.

Brandie said...

That is so sweet of him. He loves you!!

Hannah Grace Photography said...

I am so there with you. Last week was Grace's last day at her MDO and I was a bawling idiot...in front of everyone! I kept remembering Grace's first day when she was 14 mos. old and I just lost it. I'm hoping that I'm getting all my tears out before the first day of kindergarten....