"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, August 25, 2008

Survivors

Well, we did it. We survived the first day of kindergarten. The worst part was the pick up line. I got there at 2:10 (20 minutes early) and didn't retrieve my child until 3:06. He was in tears. He thought I had forgotten him. Crazy!! They say it gets better. We can only hope. Tomorrow I will be one of the first in line. Clayton's favorite part of the day was rest time. He said he was so tired that he was glad he got to lay down for a while.
After ice cream at Braum's with Gigi, we headed home for an evening of tears and fighting between the two boys. Exhaustion had taken over us all!! The boys were bathed, fed and in bed at 6:30. It may take us awhile to get the routine down.

2 comments:

Hannah Grace Photography said...

The carpool line was horrible at our school too...I'm doing the "walk-up" to get Grace. We are thinking of having her take the bus home as it would drop her on our block at 3:07...five minutes earlier than we got home today (and I left the house at 2:20!) It's up to Grace whether or not she wants to do it, but I may just continue walking to get her. Hope you can get there earlier tomorrow!

Sandi said...

That is crazy!! Glad you survived the first day. we did good here. Landon goes to school from 12-3 so it went by really quick, maybe too quick. Hang in there friend.