"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Time Warp Tuesday

The Carpool

In elementary school we had four different cars that would take us and pick us up from school. My parents car was like the Griswald family station wagon except it was light blue. It had really cool seats in the back that faced each other. They drove this car until it caught on fire while we were eating at Tia's. The Carmacks drove a large van. We didn't mind this part of the carpool rotation. But, when the Harpers were to pick us up sometimes....it was awful. The Harpers drove the "green booger". At least that is what I called it and it describes it well. Me and my sisters would run to the "green booger", hop in and duck down in the seats until we were home. Most of the times, we would forgo the ride in the "green booger" and just decide to walk home. It saved us the embarassment.

The last car was my Dad's "awesome" brown mustang. Awesome is sarcastic here. This car may have been this coolest car ever when it was purchased in the early 70's, but in the mid 80's..not so cool. Plus, the door made a loud screech when it opened. My Dad would drop us off, wait until we got almost to the door of the school, and then honk his horn and waited for us to wave back. He did this all the way through middle school. I really love that he did this now, but at the time, I was mortified.

No comments: