"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, September 15, 2008

Carpool line...no car??

Around 2:00 today I woke Oliver up from his nap :) to pick Clayton up from school. We jumped in the car and lo and behold...the battery was dead. This is the fourth time this month that the battery has died. Do you think it is time for a new battery??? I had to run in the house, call the school and let them know that Clayton would be a "walker" today and what side of the school I would be on. I quickly threw some tennis shoes on and we headed out the door. I only had 15 minutes at this point to get to the school that is 1 1/2 miles away (without any sidewalks). I literally sprinted the whole way pushing an umbrella stroller in the middle of a two lane road. People were driving by thinking I was CRAZY!! I was thinking the same thing. Luckily I made it on time. When Clayton came out of school he said with excitement,"I am a walker today!". The teacher said,"Are you his mom?" I told her I was...she then said,"oh, he told us he was going home with his friends today". Thank goodness I made it on time or Clayton would be at some kids house and I would never find him. Then, we headed another 1 1/2 miles back home with a bathroom break in someone's yard. Well??? He couldn't hold it any longer. Clayton LOVED being a walker. Me, not so much. Maybe if I had a little warning.

We were supposed to be heading to the doctor for flu shots after school...the boys lucked out this time.

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

CRAZY!! I can picture you sprinitng down the street with Oliver bouncing along in the stroller. Fun times!

Let me know if you need a ride getting a new battery or anything. I'd be happy to help!

Sarah said...

that is so awful (yet hilarious) Erica! Who needs to go to the gym anyway? :)