"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A No Good, Very Bad Day!

This precious little webkinz has caused many, many tears today. We told Clayton that if he got a sticker every day for the six weeks, then he could get a webkinz. He had already picked the one he wanted out. He has done such a great job following the rules in kindergarten..... until today. Clayton spoke out during group learning time without raising his hand. He got his color moved to green, had to sit out 5 minutes in recess and got a note sent home in his folder. This sounds a little harsh, but it is one of the main rules and he needs to learn to obey the class rules. He was DEVASTATED!!!!! He said, "I just had a really bad day...I cried all day...I don't ever want to go back to Kindergarten. I really wanted to get a webkinz. I just forgot to raise my hand."

I am so proud of how well he has done...it pains me that I cannot give him what he wants. We explained to him that he could start over at the next six weeks. So, tonight, he cried himself to sleep. Oh, the lessons of life learned at the age of five.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

that does seem harsh, but I KNOW they have to have expectations (says the teachers daughter). Poor buddy!! It is hard being the one to say no...I bet he gets it next time!

Rachel H said...

Oh, no. That is a sad, sad day. And it is so long to wait until the next 6 weeks. Poor Clayton.

Brandie said...

Gosh, that is a bit harsh!!