"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Time Warp Tuesday

Happy 25th Birthday!!
The Cabbage Patch Kid turned 25 yesterday. I cannot believe I am old enough to have received a cabbage patch kid the first year they came out. Makes me feel really old!!! This was what my first cabbage patch looked like. I cannot remember her name for the life of me....but, I do remember my sister's little boy's name. His name was Reginald Myron and we called him "Reginald Moron". It would make Erin soooo mad. Jenni got the red-headed twin dolls the next year. I actually found the commercial for the exact dolls.

I have to admit, I was a little jealous of her getting twins. We all wanted the twins. Erin and I got the preemies that year. Erin always wanted a real horse every year for Christmas, so she ended up getting the cabbage patch kid horse.

Our cabbage patch kids were well loved. We even baptized them all using one of our mom's crystal bowls with water in it. We wanted to make sure they were raised in a Christian home. 98% of our playtime was devoted to caring for these kids.

25 years later our kids are playing with our original cabbage patch kids that now reside at their grandparent's house.

No comments: