"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Time Warp Tuesday

After eating lunch at Clayton's school today, I was flooded with memories of my days in the cafeteria.

The greatest thing that could ever happen in the cafeteria was when someone dropped their tray on the way to the trash can. Everyone would stand and cheer. I looked forward to those moments. I only hoped I would never be the one to drop my tray.

The greatest foods in the cafeteria:
1. The pizza that was shaped like a triangle and a rectangle at the same time. I know it seems impossible, but those cafeteria ladies could sure do it. It was always served with corn.
2. Chicken byproduct day: This was either chicken nuggets, chicken fried steak, chicken patties, steak fingers. It was served with mashed potatoes and gravy and a roll that had a glaze of butter over the top. Chicken byproduct day was always on Wednesdays and we actually called it by this name in elementary school.
3. Barf on bun: I never ate this due to it's name, but I still loved it when it was served.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

You called it barf on bun, too? Hilarious. I am impressed you remember what days of the week these items were served on. Thanks for the laugh.