"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Parent/Teacher Conference

I met with Mrs. Shehane today to talk about Clayton's progress in kindergarten. He got a great report. Of course I did show up with a cherry limeade for her....just in case. I asked her if she thought our expectations were set too high for him. She already knew about the Webkinz and said that Clayton has had his folder written in less than most of the kids in his class. So, my ex-teacher sister helped me come up with a new strategy for him to earn his webkinz. I haven't got the supplies yet, but will post as soon as I figure out the details. I am so proud of him!!

After the conference I spent two hours decorating Mrs. Shehane's hallway and door for the fall. My fingers are sore. I never knew how difficult it was to crumple up butcher paper over and over and over again. It looks super cute though. And Clayton loved having me right outside of his classroom.

3 comments:

McDowell Family said...

Are you his room mom or are you volunteering at the school? William loves to see us up there too - a little bit of reassurance!

The pumpkin pics are cute!

Erica said...

i was just volunteering.

Rachel H said...

Way to go Clayton..and Mom and Dad!