"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Veggies??

Oliver is a little boy who lives on breakfast bars and yogurt. He usually eats a few bites of his lunch and a few bites of his dinner...no veggies and no fruit.(GASP!) He eats fruit but doesn't know it. I cram a whole banana, a cup of strawberries, and a cup of blueberries into a yogurt smoothie. He loves it. I really don't know how he grows. Today he wanted some of my tomato soup (his Godmother told me he ate some at her house, but I had to see it myself). I made him a little bowl and gave him a spoon. I wike it vewy much. Dis soup's good. I eat dis soup wike a wabbit.

He ate most of the soup. Such a proud moment. One serving of vegetables...the most he has had in over a year!! We may be having tomato soup everyday.

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

A lot of times I'll sneak pureed steamed carrots or some avacado in Nosy's smoothie since he rejects veggies too. He doesn't seem to notice and it makes me feel better about his nutrition.

I'll have to try tomato soup with my Boys. Maybe they'd eat it too! Great idea!

Brandie said...

I'd be proud too if my kids ate tomato soup, they wont have anything to do with it!