"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, November 24, 2008

A fun morning....a very bad afternoon.

We met all of the Halpin family cousins this morning at a new playground and nature preserve. The kids loved taking a little hike and exploring in the creek. Cool Aunt Rachel led the expedition. After exploring the creek (and having a small fall in the creek..Oliver) the kids headed on a new trail looking for a sleeping bear. The funny thing is that they really thought they were going to find a sleeping bear. I forgot to get my camera out until the end, so I don't have that many pictures.
Rachel, Noah and Owen throwing rocks into the creek.
Mia loving on P-sters. She loves taking care of him.

All of the cousins.
Loving the outdoors.
Looking for some good sticks to take home.
The whole gang headed to the creek.
Will is so excited that his Daddy came back.
Walking across the bridge in style. Lovin' the hoodie.
Cute Mia!
After such an active morning and early afternoon outdoors, I thought the afternoon and evening would go so smoothly. Boy was I wrong. Oliver didn't take a nap and Clayton....let's just say that we did not get along so well today. He was disobedient, argumentative, and disrespectful ALL day. I am not sure if it is hard for him to be at home since he is usually at school all day...I don't know. It was one of those days when I sit down after everyone is in bed and question if I am capable of this job....parenting. We had to reset some boundaries today. It was hard, but I am hoping that tomorrow will be a better day.

Since Joel is at work until 10pm on Mondays, our evenings can be really long. Despite the difficult day, we had fun playing hours of hide and seek and building the biggest tent ever. The tent looks flat in this picture, but I took it from overhead. It was quite the tent. It took up our whole den.
Making up stories in our tent.Pretending we are camping.I was actually going to let the boys sleep in the tent, but Clayton had another moment that led to an early bedtime.

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

We sure had a great time with y'all this morning. I'm sorry the rest of your day was so crummy. Maybe a good night's sleep will help all be better tomorrow.