"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Just Call Me...Seamstress

I have all of these jeans and pants that need to be hemmed. When you are 5'3", pants are too short in the petite size, but way too long in the regular size. Well, my problems have been solved. I have figured out how to hem my jeans using a "euro" hem. This basically means hemming but keeping the original hem. That way your jeans don't look super dorky. The hardest part for me was figuring out how much to hem. The rest of it was as easy as....

One....
Two.....Three.....This really only took me 10 minutes after I figured out how much to take off. Now I don't have to wear stilettos to keep my jeans from dragging the ground, plus I save so much money and time staying away from the tailor. I am my new tailor.
If any of you would like to become your new tailor, I found this tutorial at http://www.daciaray.com/?p=38
Now, please don't inspect my jeans too closely. I am still an amateur.

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

They look great! So glad it worked out how you planned.

Gigi said...

I am very impressed! I just paid $23 to have three pair hemmed. You are very good at this seamstress thing.

Sarah said...

Looks great Erica!!! Good job.