"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Riding the Potty Train

For some strange reason both of my boys have thought that potty training actually involved some sort of ride on a real train. I am not sure what they are envisioning, but it is funny nonetheless. Today, Oliver kept saying,"I want to ride the potty train". I would put a diaper on him, he would take it off when I wasn't looking and put underwear on. He wore underwear most of the day and this evening he actually went poop on the potty. I could not believe it. I did not even ask him or tell him to go. I was getting him ready for bed and he kept saying, "I don't want to wear diaper, I want underwear....". So, I guess Oliver will be riding the potty train permanently over Christmas break. I guess it's time....

6 comments:

Rachel H said...

WOW! That's amazing! Way to go Oliver!

McDowell Family said...

Can't wait to hear about what train you will take him on...maybe the DART?

I like the name Elliot! I have no idea what I'm having - some moments I'm convinced it's a boy, but my body is acting like it is a girl - my skin is breaking out like I was in high school!

MichaelandJaclynn said...

Is the potty train anything like the Polar Express? Do the boys get hot cocoa and cookies for doing a good potty job?

Donna said...

That is so funny! I am so proud of Oliver. Olivia is doing really well, too! Maybe they will both be riding the train together by Christmas!
It sounded like Stacey was sure you were having a boy - were did she get that information?
I like the name Elliot, too, but I also like Annie.
Mom

Jonna said...

OMG, Wesley has a book called "The Potty Train" and the chorus is "Chugga Chugga Poo Poo"! You have to get it!!

Brandie said...

That's great!!!