"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, January 12, 2009

Cool Cuts by Mom

I have decided to take the haircutting of all the boys' hair (including husband) into my own hands. I am trying to make some budget cuts and this seems to be an an easy cut (no pun intended). With them needing haircuts every month, this will save around $60 a month. I bought a new clipper set and studied the directions on how to cut hair. I have never cut, shaved, blended, trimmed hair so this was all new to me. Scary, but luckily my costumers had no idea.

Clayton was my first customer. He was the easy one....although quite the wiggle worm. This is his before picture.
....and the after. I thought I did a pretty good job for my first haircut.
Then comes the second customer.....all smiles right????
Wrong!!! Was I in for the torture of my life. We had tears, screaming, hair flying EVERYWHERE, bribing with candy.....you name it. It was AWFUL!!!! After 30 minutes of haircutting, I threw in the towel. Don't look too closely!!
Next time we will have reinforcements. Daddy will be home for the haircut. Actually, he will be giving the haircut.

6 comments:

Rachel H said...

You did a GREAT job! And your checkbook will so appreciate it!

Gigi said...

I think they look great!

MichaelandJaclynn said...

You did a pretty good job!!

MichaelandJaclynn said...

I mean a great job!!

The Morgan Family said...

That's hilarious! but I think you need a great job! I do the boys hair in this house too!

Kate said...

I am WAY impressed that you did this yourself. I'm terrified at the thought of it!