"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Iced In

WE'RE TRAPPED!! We do not do well stuck in a house all day long. We all have too much energy that cannot be burned off in 1800 square feet. It's just not possible.


So, I tried to have many activities planned for the day so we all stayed sane. First, we started off making pancakes.
That took up about 30 minutes of our day.....
Next, we did hours of puzzles and train track building. This got tiring after awhile, so we moved into the kitchen for play dough making. I have never done this before, so it was pretty fun. I let the boys do all of the measuring and mixing so it would take up a whole lot of time.We had quite a mess!!plus, our hands are dyed several colors after mixing the food coloring in the playdough.
"I am making a wabbit house"

After lunch, we decided to make a cake. I only had angel food cake on hand, so we added chocolate chips to it. I have no problem turning a healthy cake into an unhealthy one if chocolate is involved. I was actually excited for it to come out of the oven. Well, for future reference, angel food cake is too light to hold up the chocolate chips. They all fell to the bottom of the pan and stuck. Such a disappointment.
We survived our day trapped inside. I look forward to seeing the outdoors tomorrow. Did I say that I liked winter??? I think I may change my mind. We just don't do well indoors!!!

1 comment:

Brandie said...

Your day sounds similiar to ours yesterday. I am too much of a summer gal to enjoy the cold. I like the sun beaming on my face, with a gust of wind to waken me out of my daydreaming, the kids playing outside, and grilling out with friends and neighbors.... AH! Summer please return soon!