"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Results are In.....

It's a.........
video

That's right folks!! You can see a little disappointment in Clayton's face. He really wanted a baby sister. I can't say that I was not a little disappointed myself. But, he is truly a blessing. I know God has great plans for this baby boy already and he already holds a special place in our hearts. My mother-in-law sent me this verse. "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21) He knew this baby boy would exist long before he was ever formed. That is incredible to me!!

When I first got married, I was a very inpatient person. I prayed for patience daily. I was always waiting for the next best thing. God has really taught me patience through my boys. I am guessing that He thinks I have conquered this since I am blessed with another!!! :)

We celebrated with PF Chang's and a little Coldstone Creamery. My new fav is chocolate mixed with rasberries. YUM!!!!!!
It is the coldest day of the year and we are still lovin' it.
This is our special Big brother and Little brother.
*****Everything looks great on sono except for he has a choroid plexus cyst (which is on the brain). It does not affect the development of the brain, but can be a marker for babies with Trisomy 18, but these babies present with other markers as well. Everything else looked normal, plus my nucchal translucency and triple screen both came back normal. My OB said that this should resolve by the third trimester, so please pray that this happens. She did not seem concerned at all. I will have another sono in four weeks to see if it has resolved.

12 comments:

Rachel H said...

We love, love that precious boy so much already! My guys are pumped to have a new guy on Team Halpin. We can not wait to snuggle him up!

leslieandmatt said...

Congrats on your Little Boy #3!! I will be praying for positive results on the next sono. I know everything will work out.

Deann Black said...

CONGRATS!! Three boys keeps me hopping, but is so much fun:)

Photography by Kelly said...

Congratulations, Erika! We will be praying for great results on the next sono too.

Brandie said...

Congratulations Halpin family! Your family is truly blessed and we will continue to pray for you and that sweet baby boy until he arrives.

smallmoments said...

Congratulations! You will certainly be in my thoughts and prayers!

McDowell Family said...

It must have been something in the water...we are having a boy, too!

Congratulations!!!!

Gigi said...

You already have such a precious family, and this tiny one will make it even better! I can't wait.

The Morgan Family said...

I will you praying for this sweet, LUCKY, baby boy! You have the cutest, stinkin' family!

Chrys said...

Congrats! What a blessing!

Chrys

Lia Kate Stone said...

I personally will be referring to this little boy as "Obie One" from now on...hilarious!!! Just can't get enough "Star Wars" around our house, either.

MichaelandJaclynn said...

Congrats on the boy!! We will be praying for everything to clear up before your next sono.