"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Friday, March 6, 2009

A Venting Boy Mom

I know that no one that reads this blog has ever done this, but I am just venting.

Friends, acquaintances, strangers....

Please stop making sad or groaning noises when told that I am having a boy. Please stop telling me that I need a girl or have to have a girl. Please stop asking me if I am going to try for a fourth. Please stop laughing and wishing me luck with my three boys. Please stop!!!! These comments are very hurtful and I can't take it ANYMORE!! Of course I was dissapointed, but now I am so excited and cannot wait to be the mother of three boys. I look forward to meeting Elliot and seeing him interact with his brothers. I already love him so much. I can't wait to see what God has in store for this precious life. I am not sad, I do not feel cheated. I feel completely blessed!!! So please be happy for me.

Whew! Just needed to get that off my chest...I hear these comments at least three times a day, so it gets a little frustrating!

8 comments:

Rachel H said...

I am so sorry you hear such hurtful things so often. I am thrilled to have a nephew and know God chose you to be Elliot's Mom according to His perfect will. What a miracle!

smallmoments said...

People say such silly things without even thinking! I am so sorry that you have to hear it. I heard all manner of comments when I would tell people I was pregnant with twin boys! I think people don't stop to think about if they would want to hear that comment if they were in the same situation.

Brandie said...

It will be so wonderful to have 3 boys! I can only imagine all the comments like that would get irritating especially when you are overjoyed with excitement. You should think of an awesome comeback to say when someone says rotten things, it would at least pep your spirits =)

mallorymc17 said...

Boy moms rock..........

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what to day - I just hope you feel better now.

Gigi said...

I can't wait to have another boy in the family!

Lainey-Paney said...

boys rock.
boy moms rock too.
I truly couldn't imagine my life any differently....

...and I think that people (not all of them of course) just somehow want you guys to get to experience parenting of each gender child... or they somehow assume that you want the same for yourself...

I'm sorry people aren't being sensitive.

Sarah said...

I am so, so sorry that people are saying things like this. I know that most people aren't trying to hurt you, but they just think you MUST want a girl. I can't wait to see and hold baby Elliot!! :)