"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

36 weeks!

I cannot believe I only have 3 weeks left! Induction is scheduled for June 11th at 6am. I am so ready! I am dilated to 1 cm, so that's a start. I had an incredible baby shower this past weekend and now have everything I could ever need....a new swing, a carseat, bathtub, pacis, baby toys, diaper bag, burp cloths, bibs, blankets, bottles.....so much stuff. I also started packing my hospital bag. It seems to be coming so quickly. And, the room is finally finished. It looks so so so cute!

I recovered the rocker glider (it was in pink minky) and my Dad painted it brown.

My awesome Dad also repainted the toy box in the right corner. My Poppa Joe made it for me when I was five years old. My Dad padded and covered the top with fabric. It looks great!
I got several cloth diapers at the shower and a diaper sprayer (awesome). I ordered the rest I think I will need and got them in the mail today. I finally got the courage up to wash them. For some reason, I thought I was going to screw it up. It really wasn't too bad. The only bad thing is that the manufacturer of the diapers now recommends line drying the covers, so I had to stick them all outside to dry. I left them out for an hour and they were done. I am now stuffing them and getting them ready for baby!

3 comments:

McDowell Family said...

We must be on the same schedule! How funny is it that we are both having boys, will probably have them around the same day, both had our baby showers this past weekend, both put up our older kids artwork in the nursery...I need to post pics of our nursery!

I'm so happy for both of us and can't wait to watch our little guys grow up together through our blogs!

Stacey

Kate said...

Everything looks adorable!

Lainey-Paney said...

Looks awesome.
I imagine the cloth diapering can seem intimidating....but it's something I hope to try (someday!) too. You'll have to keep us posted on your tips & tricks when the time arrives.
:)