"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Elliot's Birth Story

video

Elliot Walls Halpin arrived at 10:23 pm weighing in at 8pounds 1 ounce and 20 1/4 inches. Here is the rundown for the day. (all estimates on times...wasn't watching the clock).
2pm Cervadil started
a little before 6pm, my awesome nurse,Lorie, called the dr. and asked if she would come break my water to speed thing along.
6pm Dr. broke my water. 4cm dilated, contracting every 2-5 minutes.
8pm Epidural, dilated to 6 cm. Find out Elliot is now OP (facing up) He somehow flipped himself. I was having to lay on my left side to try and flip in the right position. He wasn't tolerating his new position very well, so I was having to flip from side to side and started on oxygen. I was getting a little worried since I am a NICU nurse. Plus, my blood pressure was really low due to the epidural.
10:10 pm completely dilated and ready to push.
10:23 pushed twice and Elliot was born.
After the drama of the morning, it ended up being a really great experience.

We started a poll on Elliot's birth time and weight. Gigi got won the time category and Valerie won the weight category.

10:23 pmSweet baby feet.
I love this little guy!
Welcome to the world, Elliot!



My first bath.

Happy Birthday, Elliot. We are so glad to finally meet you.
These are just a few of the pictures taken in the delivery room. There were around 150 pictures taken. My Dad has put together a video of all the pictures taken.

4 comments:

chrys said...

congrats! he is beautiful!

chrys

Brandie said...

Welcome Elliot!!

Rachel H said...

Way to go getting everything on the blog so fast! You will be grateful you wrote those details down.

His eyes are SO BLUE!! What a beautiful baby!

MichaelandJaclynn said...

He is beautiful! You look great!