"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kindergarten Graduation

I woke up this morning to sounds of a boy yelling "last day of school, last day of school." He was fully dressed and this was before the alarm had even gone off. Oliver was even awake and had his clothes already picked out for the big day. The funniest thing was that Clayton decided to wear the outfit he wore on the first day of school for his last day of school. He takes after me in the details department. I can always remember what I wore for every year on the first day of school, when I got my first driver's license, what I wore on my first date with Joel....etc. I remember those sorts of details. I guess he is in to symbolism or something like that??
Here are the two non-graduates waiting for it to start.
Clayton crosses the stage and poses with the principal and Mrs. Tibbals.
Oliver is looking up to his big brother.
The proud parents.
Clayton's last picture with his awesome teacher.
I cried, of course. I think I would've cried even if I wasn't pregnant. I just have a hard time seeing my boys grow up. I can't believe I have a first grader. This year has flown by. He had such a great experience this year. His teacher was a christian woman who I could trust with loving and nurturing him while he was at school. He has learned and grown so much.

We celebrated the day with lunch at McD's and the entire afternoon playing and running around in the backyard. The weather was gorgeous today!! Watch out, summmer, here we come!!!

No comments: