"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, June 11, 2009

LONG DAY...no baby!

The major storms last night put a little kink in the induction plans for Elliot. Labor and Delivery had no rooms for me at 6 am, so I got the dreaded phone call at 4:30 am telling me my induction had been cancelled. I was crushed. I had already been up since 2am awaiting the big day. TIRED!! Luckily, I have two sisters that work in L&D and I work in the NICU, so I had people trying to work me in for the day. Joel and I went to Northpark to pass a little time and ate lunch at Corner Bakery.



We finally got the call that a room was open, so we headed to the hospital. Here we are checking in at the front desk.
Little did I know, my sisters and mom and dad were already here and had decorated the room with streamers and balloons. I cried....



The last belly pic
I was started on cervadil and dilated to a 3 and 50% effaced -2station.





This may be a LOOOOONG night!

8 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

Awwwww.
I can only imagine how disappointing this morning was! But, man, what a warm reception at the hospital!

Hopefully everything is going well!

Brandie said...

You look so cute!! How fun is it to keep in touch online WHILE you are having a baby? So awesome!! Keep us posted.

smallmoments said...

I was thinking about you today and how excited you must be. How wonderful to have all of your family there with you. I was grateful to have all of mine so close! Wishing you well and a easy and happy delivery!

chrys said...

i've thought about you all day! can't wait to hear news!

Lori Owen said...

Hello?? Where is the pic of the girl who got your doctor to break your water so that there was no turning back?? I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for 10:45 and 7lbs 7oz. I can't wait to see him tomorrow. I will be thinking of you all tonight.

Lori

Jonna said...

I'm so sad I'm not there to be your nurse :( Hope Elliot has a Happy Birthday!

Sarah said...

I hope that little Elliot is here and you are all doing well! What a day!

MichaelandJaclynn said...

That is so fun that they decorated your room!!