"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Never a Dull Moment...

Joel got the boys out of the house this afternoon so I could get some much needed sleep. They headed to my parents for some fun in the pool. Joel was sitting outside watching the boys and noticed a huge weed behind the deck. He went and got some hedge clippers and went to go clip the weed and fell through the deck and the hedge clippers punctured his face. This could've been REALLY bad!!! My Dad took him to the ER and he got a tetanus shot and the cut was glued shut. The ER doc told him to go buy a lotto ticket because he was really lucky today. If he had fallen any differently and the hedge clippers had hit any lower, the outcome would've been a lot different. I was at home oblivious to it all because my cell phone was dead and our home phone was dead. My sister came over to bring us dinner and someone got in touch with her to let me know.

He can't eat for 24 hours and is really starting to feel some pain in his jaw. Poor guy! I am so thankful he is okay.

4 comments:

Rachel H said...

I am so thankful Joel is okay!! What crazy times around your house.

So your phone is dead...I have been calling to check on you but can't ever get through. That must be why. I hope y'all are doing okay! We are thinking about you and praying for you!

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!!
That IS Lucky!

The Morgan Family said...

Yes, very thankful. You're right - that could have been MUCH worse! So scary!

Brandie said...

Very scary!!