"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Out with the old...

What could be better than having piles and piles of laundry and a broken washing machine a week before you are to deliver a baby? Buying a new washing machine was not on my to do list or part of the budget this week. Thank goodness for the good old Dave Ramsey emergency fund (love ya DAVE)! My sweet, wonderful husband is trying so hard to do what he can to deal with my lack of patience and me being a little emotional (just a teeny bit). When he realized this morning that I was really just sobbing over our broken washing machine and nothing else, he took the morning off to go to my sonogram with me and to pick out and install a new washing machine. He really did not believe that I could pour such tears over a broken washing machine. I told him that when you are 9 months pregnant, you can cry over anything.
Out with the old.....
....in with the new.
It wasn't too much of a dent in the budget since I discovered the Sears Appliance Outlet Store. I got this normally expensive front loader for half the price. It had a few dings on it. It goes in the laundry room...who cares about the dings? I can't wait to wash my laundry in it! Just a little disappointed that it is not a new TV. I guess I could put a chair in front of it and watch the laundry spin and spin and spin.

3 comments:

Rachel H said...

What a nice washer! I can just imagine all those Bum Geniuses floating around in there!

Sarah said...

So sorry your old ones broke but awesome new ones!! let me know if it makes you happier to do laundry. :)

Ari said...

I would hate spending any amount of money on a chore I dislike so much. Even the cheap ones are expensive.

Ari