"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Brother Hen

I woke up this morning to the sweetest sight. When the alarm went off, I hopped up to get Clayton out of bed. But, he was already up. The lights were on in Elliot's room and Clayton had pulled the ottoman over to his bed and was reading "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" to him. He would sit on the ottoman while reading and then reach over the crib to show Elliot the pictures. I watched quietly at the doorway. He was telling him about each fruit and veggie the caterpillar would he. He would say "this is my favorite fruit" and "i don't like this one very much". After a few minutes, I had to interrupt to get Clayton ready for school. I walked over to the crib and Elliot was unwrapped, sucking his thumb watching Clayton's every move. Two stuffed animals were at his side. What a sweet, sweet moment I hope to never forget. I have no pictures because I did not want to miss a thing. I wanted to soak it all in.

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

So glad you recorded this precious memory! I can just picture it...

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, I bet that was just such a wonderful moment...the sight, the sounds, and just all the love you got to see. I bet it was great!