"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lovin' the Cloth

Many people have asked how the cloth diapers are working out. I love them. I can't believe how incredibly easy they are. I have used them for three months now and have had no problems at all. Elliot started wearing them as soon as his plastibell fell off at 1 week old. I wash Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have 20 diapers and that is plenty. I dry the inserts in the dryer and the covers on the footboard of my bed. It takes them less than an hour to dry. Sometimes, I hang them outside, but this seems to work just fine. I spent more time worrying and researching how to take care of these diapers before Elliot was born than I have actually spent taking care of them.
Look at all these cute diapers getting ready to cover a super cute hiney!
Everytime I pass the diaper aisle at Target, I am relieved that I don't have to spend thirty bucks on a box of diapers. I am so glad I made this choice and I highly recommend it!!

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Hey! What is drying is the outer cover? Will they fit for a while? Just curious. I may switch Julia to them. She is tiny and still wears a size 2 but her skin is super sensitive. Do you think these would help?

Erica said...

Check out the bumgenius website. I use the 3.0 all in ones. They cover has a cotton/polyester(???)blend that wicks moisture away from the baby. This is what has to dry. They go from 8-35 pounds. Disposables have fragrance and chemicals in them, so it would probably help.

thesmallmoments said...

BumGenius also sells organic one size which might be good as well. Some babies have a sensitivity to the suede cloth lining that touches the skin. So you might want to try one or two first to see if she is sensitive to it (since she already has super sensitive skin).

Erica said...

the cover is 100% polyester...