"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Friday, September 4, 2009

WE DID IT!!!!

If you know us well, you know that the past two years for our family has been filled with the terms emergency fund, budget, baby step 1, baby step 2, beans and rice and rice and beans, and more budget...... well, with tears in my eyes and such overwhelming joy, I am proud to say (or scream at the top of my lungs).......We're Debt Free!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe we finally did it. In the beginning, $70,000 seemed like an impossible feat. We had student loans, two car loans, credit cards and back taxes. It was such a huge burden. We followed Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover, stuck to our budget and here we are. We have no credit cards, no student loans, we completely own both of our cars, and owe the IRS nada!! I can't say it was easy all the time, but I learned so much. I learned patience and how to be a good steward of all the things God has given me. With that, I have learned how to be completely faithful to God with our money. I have realized that the material things in life will be meaningless in eternity and learned to focus my life on more important things. God does not care what my wardrobe looks like, what car I drive, or how big my house is. He does care about what I choose to do with the blessings he has given me. It has not only been a money makeover, but a spiritual one. I cannot begin to describe how exciting this is for us!!!


We are so excited about our future and what God has in store for us!!! It is going to be AMAZING!!!!!!

Psalms 126:3 God has done great things for us and we are FILLED with joy!

9 comments:

Jonna said...

Awesome! And to post on Debt-Free Friday! yay!

Rachel H said...

Rejoicing with you all!

Gigi said...

Yea!! When are you calling Dave Ramsey and screaming? I want to hear it. I am so proud of you guys.

Sandi said...

Unbelievable!!!! What an excellent example you are setting for your boys and church!!

McDowell Family said...

Did you call his show and scream, "We're Debt Free!!!"?

We've been working on his program, too. Just paid off my Expedition this month...of course, we did buy Mike a new truck in the spring, so we still have a car payment...we are doing the "modified" McDowell version!

Congrats!

vdshellito said...

Erica, I am so proud of you and Joel. You both are such an inspiration to me. It is so funny that I saw your posting today because this morning I was just telling my mom about how well Dave Ramsey worked for you. You guys are amazing. Now you can "live like no other!"

Brandie said...

Congrats!! I remember when you started this, job well done.

Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

That is awesome!! Your hard work paid off :) Congrats!!!!

Lainey-Paney said...

Congrats! What an AWESOME feeling!