"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tackling my to do list

Well, I had a date with my sewing machine today. Could life be back to normal?? I guess you could call it our new "normal". I was sewing and baby wearing at the same time...kind of nice to combine my two loves. I have a huge list of projects I want to accomplish, and today, I finally checked one off my list. I cannot believe I am posting pictures of this quite disgusting and stained ottoman, but here it is.
Here is the ottoman that has been the center of our home for 7 years. It has been incredibly loved and spit up on over and over and over again. I was blessed with three spitty boys.
I know, GROSS!!! It is clean, doesn't stink, but heavily stained.
I had big ideas for this ottoman, but the price for upholstery fabric is expensive. I chose to just recover the top and it cost me $16. Here is the new and improved ottoman.



Cute! and it only took me an hour. Now I just need to scotch guard it!!!

8 comments:

Sandi said...

Looks awesome!!!

Julianne said...

You did such a good job!! I am so impressed -

Rachel H said...

Amazing, Erica! I can't wait to see it!

Gigi said...

Erica, that looks great! I am so impressed with your skills.

Sarah said...

Erica!! You did it. It looks great.

vdshellito said...

Erica you forever amaze me. I don't think that there is anything that you can't accomplish. I wish I had a fraction of your talent! Great job!

The Morgan Family said...

WOW, Erica! That looks fantastic! Looks like a whole new piece of furniture! I have a feeling my ottoman (which is only 2 years old) may need a face lift soon too.

Brandie said...

Nice job!!