"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fall Festival

The boys have wanted to be Jawas (some little star wars guys) for months. The "real" costume was $50, so I decided I was going to make the costume. A couple of weeks ago, I finally went and bought the 4 yards of brown fabric needed to make these costumes. Lo and behold, a week before Halloween, Clayton decided he wanted to be a pirate (to go with his book report). So, I decided to make Oliver a pirate costume also. I spent an evening cutting all the fabric for two pirate costumes. The next morning, I showed Oliver the fabric I had cut and tried to get him excited about the whole pirate thing. Well....didn't go as planned. He said no to the pirate idea and when I asked him what he wanted to be, my sweet, hilarious, mind of his own Oliver said, "I want to be a plant". After trying not to drop to the floor roll around laughing, I was supportive of his decision and we went to hobby lobby and he picked out exactly the plant he wanted to be "a blue plant". So, here they are...
The Pirate
And the Plant


We went to the Fall Festival at Firewheel Mall. CROWDED would be an understatement. We didn't last too long.

Some of the cousins came too. Here is Sleeping Beauty Olivia.

Here is Football Player Noah



And Football Player Owen.
Last, but not least (just the tiniest) Elliot as himself. He was asleep when we got there, so no costume.


We had fun, the weather was awesome, but we were ready to get home to do some Trick or Treating.

No comments: