"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, April 29, 2010

One day, Annie will be welcomed into the house of all boys.  She is going to be loved on by the most incredible big brothers EVER!!   Clayton, talks about her all the time.  He is the only one that really understands who she is at this point.  Several funny things he has said:
**"Mrs.Owens, I couldn't get a ruler for school today because we are saving money for Annie." (obviously not true, he just forgot to tell me he needed a ruler and was playing the sympathy card)
***"Why is Oliver sitting in Annie's seat at the table?  I thought that was her seat."
***"Why are you giving the rest of the stuff for the garage sale to the salvation army.  That is money you are giving away for Annie?"
***We were at the dentist to get both boys teeth cleaned and Clayton heard how much I had to pay (we don't have dental insurance).  In the car he said, "Why did we have to get our teeth cleaned?"  I proceeded to tell him about good dental hygiene and how important our teeth are and he said,"But what about Annie?"  He started to tear up, "Now it will take longer to get Annie." 
How loved this girl will be!!! 
It is amazing that a 7 year old can also love someone and long for someone that hasn't even met or seen.  This boy has such a kind heart and such compassion.  He is our little caretaker and worrier.
I had to explain to Clayton that we are doing our best to get to Annie as quick as we can, but we still have to live our lives.  We still will get our teeth cleaned and take care of all of his needs for school and for daily life.  We are still going to do fun things, take a vacation.  I also have to remind myself of this daily.  I have these three amazing sons in front of me and I will enjoy every moment of this precious family I am a part of.  I will not let these moments pass me by because I am waiting for the next step. 

(side note for the picture up top.  This is a rarity.  They asked me to take a picture of them this morning.  Elliot is sick with fever and he was just sitting there with his head on Oliver's shoulder.  He is usually a little scared of Oliver.  So, a blurry picture of all three boys. Better than none.  Oh, and that is our new couch in the background.  Someone donated it to our garage sale.  My parent's bought it at the garage sale and ended up giving it to us!!  Such an incredible gift.  Our couch was "nasty" according to my parents and honest friends.)

1 comment:

Lainey-Paney said...

Yay new couch!
And yes, what a sweet, sweet child you have. Doesn't it make you feel like you've really done something right when you hear and see kindness in your child?