"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Friday, June 11, 2010

ONE

Elliot,
I can't believe it has been a whole year since you came into my life.  I woke up in tears this morning because I am so sad that the tiny baby in you slipped away so quickly.  You are such a joy, so laid back, happy, and smiley.  And those curls are oh-so-sweet!!!




You are a crawling machine.  Your brothers never crawled so quickly.  I love hearing the pat, pat, pat of your hands slapping on the floors.  I try and put that sound into my memory because soon you will start walking.  Your main source of entertainment is a ball. Any ball.  You just roll it or try to throw it, crawl and chase after it, and do it over and over again.  You also love to play "catch" with us. 


You are trying to stand all by yourself.  You are so proud of yourself and get so tickled that you fall down pretty quick.  You LOVE all of the applause you get from your fans!! 
You almost have 8 teeth.  Two new ones this week.  I am trying to get you off of baby food, but you are still so picky.  I will put peas on your tray and one by one each pea takes a dive to the floor.  Same with carrots, fruit, cheese...basically anything I have tried that is not a carb.  You say "uh-oh" with each pea that hits the floor.  You loved the chick-fila nuggets today for your birthday meal.  Who doesn't love that?  They gave you a free ice cream since it was your birthday and you loved that too. 
You are still a momma's boy!!  Major!!  Although at times, I would love for you to let other people hold you, deep down, I am eating it up.  You won't be like this forever.  I won't get to hold you or rock you forever, so I will hold you as long as I can.  I may baby you more than I did your brothers, but I realize now that they grew up too fast.  I want you to stay a baby longer.

You melt my heart. 
I love you to pieces.

Happy One Year Birthday, Elliot!

No comments: