"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Journey is LONG

Adoption is a journey.  The journey is stepping out into the unknown.  The journey means putting ALL of my trust and faith in the Lord.  The journey is not easy.  In fact, it is the most difficult journey I have ever been on.  My faith is being stretched and I am being molded.  If I was not confident that God has called us to adopt, I would have run away a LONG time ago.  I must be obedient to Him.  I must continue on this LONG journey although at times I have grown tired and weary.  I will not be the same at the end of this journey.  I will be forever changed.

I have a daughter that lives across the world from me.  She has more than likely been born.  I have no idea if she is safe, sick, hungry, loved.  I continually think of her with this verse in mind ,"He tends his flock like a shepherd.  He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart." Isaiah 40:11.  We studied this in BSF a couple of weeks ago and I have held on to this verse ever since.  I just picture Him holding her right next to His heart.  He loves her, He will protect her. I also LOVE the song Safe by Phil Wickham.  You can listen to it here. She is safe in HIS arms.  I remind myself of this moment by moment.

We are so ready for the next step.  We have our fingerprinting appointment on March 9th and we are so close to our financial goal to be able to mail in our dossier.  A couple of days ago, I was doubting that we would be able to come up with the money in time.  I struggle with trust in the financial part.  AGAIN, God provided.  I am so ready to be DTE (dossier to Ethiopia) and be put on the waiting list for our baby girl.  Praying for the first week of April.

He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.....those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.  they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not grow faint.  Isaiah 40:28-31

No comments: