"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Saturday, February 5, 2011

This is the snow that never ends...

....it just goes on and on my friend.....
Seriously.  I don't think I have EVER experienced so much ice, coldness, and snow for such a long period of time.  It iced Monday night, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then snowed ALL day Friday.  We have had temps in the teens with a wind chill of 3 degrees.  This is TEXAS, people.  We don't do cold.  We don't have clothes for the cold.  Our gloves are not waterproof, our shoes are not waterproof.  Our city doesn't even have snow plows for the roads.  They had to borrow some from other cities.  School was cancelled ALL WEEK LONG!!!!  The kids LOVED it.  We had to stay indoors for the most part because it was solid ice outside.  Friday, we woke up to a ton of snow.  Real snow.  I was the lucky one and had to work on Friday.  I had to drive 30 miles to the hospital at 5 am.  It took an hour and a half.  I have to admit that it was beautiful.  All the fresh snow.  Only me and a few other people on the roads.  It was hard to even tell the street from the curb.  The snowflakes coming down were HUGE.
The boys were so EXCITED.  Joel took them sledding with the Jeremy Halpins (minus poor Rachel who has been sick with the flu for a week), the Wehrlis and Grandpa.


 Els was not too thrilled with the snow, so he hung out with Grandpa.  I know it had to be cold.  The snow was continuously coming down, the wind was blowing hard.






 This was the warming hut.  Grandpa kept his heat on for the kids to warm up their little bodies for a moment. Elliot stayed here for most of the time.
I know they had a blast.  I had a YUCKY drive home from work.  The snow had turned to ice and there were thousands of people on the roads.  A lot of it had to do with the superbowl travelers (there were limos everywhere) and I also think people were going stir crazy and decided to just risk it.  I was terrified.

 DAY TWO- Saturday
The sun was shining, the temperatures were rising and the snow was starting to melt.  We had to get out on it early before it was all gone.









 The Waters Family

It was so nice to get out of the house.  

No comments: