"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, February 28, 2011

Uncertain Future

I read this today in my devotional.

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young 

I am leading you, step by step, through your life.  Hold my hand in trusting dependence, letting me guide you through this day.  Your future looks uncertain and feels flimsy--even precarious.  That is how it should be.  Secret things belong to the Lord, and future things are secret things.  When you try to figure out the future, you are grasping at things that are Mine.  This, like all forms of worry, is an act of rebellion: doubting my promises to care for you.


Wherever you find yourself worrying about the future, repent and return to Me.  I will show you the next step forward, and the one after that, and the one after that.  Relax and enjoy the journey in My presence, trusting Me to open up the way before you as you go.

This really spoke to me and I know it will speak to others.  My future definitely feels flimsy!!  I LOVE that He has my future already prepared for me. He already knows my journey.  It is not uncharted territory for Him.   It is difficult but I am trying so hard to just "relax and enjoy the journey in His presence."

If you do not have this book, I HIGHLY recommend you going out and getting it TODAY.  I seriously feel like each days devotional is written specifically for me.  God has really spoken to me through this devotional.



3 comments:

Christina said...

I'm reading that too!!

Rachel H said...

My Mom gave me that book last week and I started it right away. I love it!

Carrie said...

We have Jesus Calling-365 Devotions for Kids. It is SO good...great devos for kids! After reading your post, I think I'll have to get the grown-up version as well! Thanks for sharing. ;)