"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Our plans for this evening were to just hang out at home.  I spent the day making homemade pizza dough and homemade dough for roll I was making for my stay at home date with Joel.  

The cute heart-shaped pizzas.  YUM!

 I am so lucky to have so many valentine's.  Here is one of them.
 And another valentine.  They were covered in heart-shaped tattoos.
 I decided for our stay at home date that we would each be in charge of 2 courses of the meal.  Joel does not cook much.  He can put a pizza in the oven or flip some pancakes, but I am not sure he has ever followed a recipe.  He was having a hard time figuring out the mixer.  I thought it was sweet that he was trying so hard.  He really came through with his part of the meal.  He bought some yummy bread and made the olive oil dip that you get at Italian restaurants.  It tasted exactly like it.  I made some shrimp pasta with a ceaser salad and homemade rolls (yes, we had tons of bread and we ate tons of it---explains the massive weight gain over a short period of time).  Then he made chocolate mousse.  It was perfect too.  I think I have a closet cook on my hands.
This was so much fun that I think we will do it again next year.  

No comments: