"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Friday, April 29, 2011

Peaceful

I am at a good place right now with our adoption.  There are so many things going on in Ethiopia that are completely out of my control.  It is looking like things are going to take longer than we expected, but right now, I am okay with that.  My friend Laura is leaving tomorrow to go meet and bring home her little baby boy from Rwanda.  She has waited soooo long for this day!  Their dossier had been in Rwanda for 17 months until they finally got their refferal.  When she started, the wait was nowhere near that long.  Her faith and strength has been such a testimony to me.  She wrote the most amazing post a couple of weeks ago.  

http://thebowersparable.blogspot.com/2011/04/thousand-things.html

His way is BEST!!!!  AMEN!!!!!!!!  God has a plan for our daughter.  He is writing the story, NOT ME!!  His story is more beautiful than I could EVER imagine.  He called me to adopt from Ethiopia.  I am confident of this and I will continue on this path no matter how difficult it may be at times.  No matter how long it may take.  She is already a part of this family.  We already LOVE her and pray for her.  He did not promise us it would be easy, but the blessings in the end....when Annie is in our arms....will far outweigh the discomfort we may have felt along the way.  It excites me that he has chosen me to adopt one of his children!!

I know a day will come that I will have a post entitled "Discouraged" or "Weary".  But, I am thankful that right now, I am at peace.  I feel blessed.  I do not look at the "list" to see what number I am (MOM AND DAD  :) :) ***I know you just LOVE her as much as I do***** :) :)).  I just can't right now.  That would only lead me down a path of discouragement at this point in time.  I don't even try to calculate when I think she will be home.  I have NO IDEA!  We still have a LONG road ahead!!  What I do know is that she will be in our arms one day.

Right now, I am just enjoying my three boys I have been blessed with.  They are growing up so fast and I don't want to miss something because I am spending all my time worrying about the next step. 

Isaiah 7:9 "If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all."

***I have completely fallen in love with the book of Isaiah.***

No comments: