"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Annie's 5k

About two years ago, God started stirring my heart for adoption.  I asked for some information from some different agencies just to see what it all looked like.  When I first opened it, I could not get past the cost of it all.  I just knew that this was impossible for us and immediately threw the packet in the trash.  I closed that door for us.  God had other plans.  About four months later, He dropped me straight to my knees and called me to adopt.  From that moment, I did not turn back.  But, I was still afraid.  Where would the money come from, how are we to do this?  The Lord kept reminding me to just be obedient, walk with Him and trust Him and he would do the rest.  I believe that nothing is impossible for God and He can and will do anything for His will to be done, but why would he do this for me?  We continued to walk in obedience and He has provided for us every step of the way through this process.  April 1st, our DTE date, our adoption account was completely emptied.  We knew we would be needing another $5500 at the time of referral and then around $12,000 for travel.  Joel came up with the idea to do a 5k around Christmas time.    

Our 5k was today and it was AWESOME!!!  So many people came out to celebrate this little girl who we do not even know yet.  They showed us so much love and support.  I am in awe of the sacrifice that so many of these people made to help bring our Annie home one day.  So thankful. So blessed.  Humbled.  I have been in tears all day.  We raised $8,600!!!!!!!!!!!  Can you believe it?  I am still in shock.  We love this little girl so much and I am so excited that so many friends and family love her too!!  


No comments: