"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day


We had a great day celebrating some of the greatest dads of all time.
We surprised Joel with a lunch of some of his favorite things.

 He has been wanting to learn to fly fish, so we got him a fly fishing rod.
 Cookie dough is in the inside of the cupcake.  Yum!  Joel loves chocolate chip cookie dough, so I knew he would love it.
 For lunch, I made these AMAZING ribs.  I have never made ribs before and they turned out perfect.  Check out the recipe here.  We also had sweet potatoes (another one of his faves)
 After celebrating Joel, we had to go different directions to celebrate our dads.  Joel went to his Dad's house and I went to mine with the boys.  Here is my amazing, wonderful Dad.
 Then, we celebrated three birthdays...Chad, Emily and Elliot.
We got home so late, but it was a wonderful day spent celebrating three amazing men!

No comments: