"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, July 18, 2011

Evelyn Rose

Me and Hillary have been best friends for most of our adult life.  We have walked beside each other through many blessed times and many difficult times.  We have rejoiced together and shed many tears together.  She was there when every single one of my boys were born.  She anticipated the births of my boys as much as I did.  She is precious to me.  She moved to Austin a year and half ago.  I have been so sad to miss her entire pregnancy.  Saturday night, I got a phone call from her saying she was heading to the hospital in labor.  I didn't realize it would hit me like it did.  I was heartbroken that I couldn't be there with her and for her.  I was crying and Joel said "why don't you just go?" What?  I can go?  So we decided that either I would go alone, or we could all go.    I didn't sleep all night.   I was anticipating the birth of this new life.  All through church, I kept checking my phone for a text. (sorry, Joel, I really was listening to the sermon.  It was AWESOME!!)

At 11:25 Evelyn Rose came into this world.  I could not wait to see her and hold her!!
After church, we came home, tossed a few things in a bag, made a quick priceline hotel reservation and off we went.  I could not wait to surprise Hillary!!!  

Sweet Evelyn Rose




 Look at all this dark hair!!  I was expecting her to be bald since Hillary is so blonde.




 Hillary is completely in love....
 I could not imagine not being here for this special day!  
 My traveling buddies!!


Thanks, Joel for making this trip with me!!  It meant a lot that you knew how important this was to me. 

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

So glad you got to go!!! Love the 1st pic of Hillary with Evelyn. Precious!

Lainey-Paney said...

Oh, how wonderful!