"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Two Down


We have been two boys down this week in our house.  Just this cute little two year old living here.  I wasn't sure what to do with myself with just one child.  Don't get me wrong.  I have lots of friends with one child and they are hard working mommas.  I think it is just what you are used to.  Our week was quiet, slow, relaxing yet boring at times.  I am used to cooking dinners for an army five, washing lots and lots of little clothes, stepping on many small toys and having many activities planned for the older peeps.  It was nice to slow the pace down a bit.  We slept in everyday...like really slept in (one day until 10 am...thanks, els). I went out with some girlfriends one night. Joel took me out on a date another night.  I took Els on a date to see Winnie the Pooh.  I cleaned my entire house and it has stayed clean (including laundry).  The terrible twos have gone into hibernation this week too.  Nice to have a break from that.  Elliot has not had to compete for my attention all week, he has not had to fight for toys or worry about other little hands taking something away from him.  He has never had me all to himself.  Little does he know that in just three weeks he has it made.  It goes back to just us two when school starts.  (Tear)


Although I feel relaxed and rested and love my clean house, I was really bored today and really was missing the older boys.  They make our house fun and loud and exciting.  I can't wait to have them back tomorrow night!!

No comments: