"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School 2011

The first day of school has finally arrived!  Oliver was up bright and early with the biggest grin on his face.  Thankfully, I didn't do what I did when Clayton went to kinder.  Then, I was up all night weeping and wailing. I slept great but woke up a little teary.  I don't know who is ever truly prepared to send their kids off to school for the first time.  My sweet friend, Kristy, gave me a basket of all of my faves (boston baked beans, reeses pb cups and a 2 liter of diet dp, plus some kleenex) to help carry me through the day.  

He just studied his backpack for the longest time and then started asking me questions about what he would do with his lunchbox.  He was really concerned about what to do at lunch.  I told him just to put his lunchbox down and start eating.  He said, "Don't we say our prayers first?"  Melt my heart!  I told him to say his prayers to God in his heart.  He asked why they didn't say prayers like at MDO.  

 The lunch box
 Clayton's lunch box
 I found these super cute printouts to make bag tags.  The boys love them.
 Clayton is so big and so ready for 3rd grade.
 Els has no idea how much his life is about to change.
 This boy is READY!!!  So EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!


 Teacher gifts.  I put crystal light packets inside these cute cups!




 In front of the school..Clayton was like, "Seriously, Mom!!! (so embarrasing)"
 Off to kindergarten.  Oliver was practically pulling us in there.  He was so brave and could not wait. (Oh, I hope he is having a good day...I can't stop thinking about him...he should be at lunch right now).

 There were legos ready for him to build.  So fun!
 Clayton said he wanted to go by himself to class (really?  You are 8....I'm still cool!!)
 I went anyways....he kept his head down in full drawing mode.
I CAN.NOT wait to find out how the day went.  Hoping the bus riding goes well!!
I met some friends after for a little boo- hoo breakfast but no tears were shed except for the two year olds in the room had a few screaming fits.  I know Oliver is ok, I am just sad and miss him.  It is so quiet around here with just one kid.  

No comments: