"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, August 15, 2011

"When School Starts....."

....I will eat better.
....I will get back to running.
....I will clean my house.
....I will be more organized.

I have been a BIG FAILURE at keeping up with things this summer.  Healthy eating has completely gone out the window.  I have the "i deserve to eat (fill in the blank) because I have had a hard day" motto.  The fill in the blanks include chocolate, candy, pizza for dinner many nights...basically anything that is bad for me and JUNK!!!    So, for the past month I have just given up and said "when school starts...."  It has become a joke.  Well, today, I started slim fast (actually slim rite since I am a cheap-o and RARELY buy name brand stuff).  Hopefully I will not be a BIG FAIL on this one.  Just need to lose a little of my summer "I don't care" fluffiness.

I have been a BIG FAILURE on the couch to 10k program.  I got all the way to week 6.  I was feeling so proud of myself and then FAIL.  It got soooo hot outside.  I couldn't even run at 2 am if I wanted to without killing over.  My goal of running the half marathon may not happen this year because I am not where I should be in the training process.  Good thing it is on my 40 before 40 list!!  Still have five years!!!  My hopes are When school starts I will get back to some routine of exercise.  

I have been a BIG FAILURE on housekeeping.  It is impossible during the summer.  The kids play hard all day, we are tired, and I just can't bring myself to do it.  But, "When school starts"...my house is going to be sparkly clean, painted, organized, laundry always done....(HA!!! if you know me well, these are BIG GOALS and I might just be setting myself up for failure.)

We have had a BLAST this summer, but we are ready to have some routine back in our lives ("we" meaning "me").  

2 comments:

Rachel H said...

Painting will be fun! What are you painting?

Ginger said...

You are not alone! I have fallen off so many wagons this summer! But we are back to our normal school routine and I am hoping for the best!