"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

September Reading

September reading did not disappoint.  I started out reading the Above the Line Series by Karen Kingsbury.  I have yet to read the final book because it is forever checked out at the library.  These are a continuation of the books I read last month.  I absolutely LOVE her books and would recommend them to anyone.  She is a christian author with a powerful message in each and every book.  They are such a quick read too!


The next book was A Dog's Purpose.  I just randomly picked this out and I LOVED it.  A dog narrates the book, so it is really funny.  If you are a dog owner or just love dogs, this is a must read.  I look at my dog differently now.


order

This is the first book that I have not liked in a really long time.  I have NEVER put a book down without finishing it (well, except in high school when I read the first chapter and then moved on to the Cliff notes).  This would be a first.  I could only make it through two chapters.  The hardest part for me, besides the strange content, was that there were no quotation marks.  Have you ever tried to read a book with no quotation marks?  The concentration that it required was too much for me.

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake


The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers was next up.  The first book is A Voice in the Wind.  This book is INCREDIBLE...WOW!!!  I cannot even explain how powerful this book is.  It is set during the first Jewish-Roman war around 70 A.D.  This young Jewish woman is captured and is a slave for a wealthy Roman family.  She is a Christian, and struggles on how to share her faith to with this family since Christians were murdered at this time.  It is such a powerful and bold story as you watch her continually trust in God.  I love books that are based so much on real historical facts.  This book was AWESOME!!!!!!!  I had a LONG wait sitting at the airport in Atlanta, and a LONG flight home, so I had no trouble putting away this 500 page book.

The Second book is An Echo in the Darkness.  This is the book I am on now.  I know I will love it just as much.


Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers was incredible.  It was based on the book of Hosea and is set in the 1850s.  It was a beautiful story of a man's love for a woman who was broken and had been sold into prostitution as an 8 year old girl.  He continued to love her no matter what...Read this.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

The one you didn't like is on my list to read so I am glad to know that I shouldn't waste my time. I am reading Unveiled by Francine Rivers for a book club right now. Will have to let you borrow it once I am done because it is good.