"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Monday, October 24, 2011

Fallen World

I feel awful.  I had to have a terrible talk with my son this morning about a horrible tragedy that happened to a child at his school on Friday.  I wish he never had to know about the evil things that happen in this world.  I wish I could protect him from the sinful things that happen around us.  I have been sick about it all weekend.  How do I tell him this?  How do I tell him how a mother could do such a thing to her child?  He turned ghostly white when I told him and asked how someone could do something so awful.  

We talked about our fallen world.  How we are all sinners.  He asked me if the little boy knew God and his mom.  Sad...I have no idea.  We talked about Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and how we need to stay close to God and talk to Him at all times.  I assured him that I would never do anything like that to him and that I loved him.  We will be praying for this family, his class and teacher at school.

I decided to protect Oliver from this.  He is way to young to learn some of life's yucky lessons.  Clayton, of course, is now fine.  I am still all torn up inside.  

No comments: