"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, November 13, 2011

ETHIOPIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have incredible and exciting news! I am going to Ethiopia!!!!!!!!!!! I am going on a mission trip this coming June. For the past month, God has been stirring my heart for so many things. One was the changes in our age request and next he was changing my heart for missions. Not that I never thought missions were a need and something that God has called us all to, but I just never thought it was something I could do. I continued to pray about it, continued to try and come up with excuses of why I could not go and well, none of the excuses mattered. My eyes continued to be opened and my heart broke more and more for this country. I said "Yes" and I have never been so excited. I am not going to ask "how" this is going to happen. I am just going to follow! I cannot wait to serve the people from the country where Annie will be born. I cannot wait to show the love of Jesus to the people of Ethiopia. I cannot wait to hold and love on orphans. I am going with ordinary hero and also going with my friend, Carrie, who is also adopting. I cannot wait to experience this with her as we will be raising Ethiopian daughters really close to the same age. Carrie went this year and this is her video.  It is AWESOME!!  The next video is from Ordinary Hero.  Just watching these videos will show you why I am going to Ethiopia and why we are adopting from Ethiopia.

Ordinary Hero~ The Orphan from Kelly Putty on Vimeo.


I am so thankful that God has led me to adoption and to missions.  I am changed and hope to be further changed.  Things that were so important to me two years ago mean nothing.  As painful as some of the pruning has been, I am so thankful for where it has taken me.  Maybe God is calling you to Ethiopia!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Erica - where I'm from in East Texas we used to say, "I smell what you're stepping in." That's what I kept thinking as I read this.