"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday Nights

Saturday night has almost become a joke around here.  When my kids get sick, it is usually on a Saturday night and it has happened A LOT this year.  Elliot got sick on Saturday night before mother's day.  Then another Saturday night this summer.  The last illness lasted 5 weeks.  The virus took a week to attack its next victim, so for 5 weeks someone was sick.  Elliot was on the first Saturday night, then Oliver the next, Clayton the next week, Joel was sick the next Saturday night, and then me. We have been free of illness for two weeks now, and well, here we are, it is Saturday night and someone is sick AGAIN!  The hardest part is that I am usually serving with the kids on Sunday mornings or leading worship on Sunday mornings.  I am so going to get fired!  At least I am married to the pastor and he can put in a good word for me.  They are going to begin to think I am faking.  I DO NOT like missing church.  If they are going to get sick, a tuesday would be good, maybe wednesday.  Is that too much to ask?  Oh, Saturday night....here we go again....

1 comment:

Rachel H said...

Missed y'all! I hope e gets to feeling better and noone else gets the bug!!