"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011...

Hello 2012.
I am so looking forward to this year.  There is so much anticipation for the possibilities for this year.  It is possible for us to become a family of 6 this year.  I have so much hope for this.  I may be traveling 3 times to Ethiopia this year.  One time for sure.  I got my "Welcome to the Team" letter from Ordinary Hero for my mission trip in June.  I am excited, nervous, and did I say EXCITED!?!  I cannot wait to go and serve.

These are in no particular order.

1.  Lose weight (always on my goals list):  I will be at weight watchers this week!!  They have missed me.  At least that is what the card says that they sent me in the mail.  I have not missed them.  I have enjoyed eating and stuffing my face with fudge, pizza, christmas cookies, green and red m&m's ...etc!

2. Drink water:  I did not say more water because I NEVER drink water.  All of my liquid intake comes from Diet Dr. Pepper.  I know, so incredibly healthy.

3.  Letting go of things that are not important.  Enjoying everyday and moment I have with my children.  I was talking to Joel the other night and realized that in just 5 years Clayton will be 14.  14!!!!!  5 years flies by these days.  I need to enjoy him as much as I can as a child.  They are only little once.

4.  Being Content right where I am.  Not complaining about my circumstances.  Being Joyful right where God has me.
1 Timothy 6:6-8
But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.  But if we have food and clothing be content with that.

5.  Spending time laughing and playing with my kids and putting laundry and house cleaning lower on the priority list.

6.  Figure out some sort of work out routine.  SOMETHING!!

7.  Journaling more.  Everyday??

8.  Take Vitamins

9. Live this verse out, "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

10. Follow what I tell my kids every day.  Do unto others as you would have them do to you.  Matthew 7:12 "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you you, for this sums up the Law of the prophets."  This is a hard one.  It is difficult not to treat people in the same way that they have treated me.  I had to say this out loud to myself the other day because I was resisting being kind to someone because of they way they have treated me. An eye for an eye??  Jesus specifically says otherwise.  I hope in 2012 to work on this one.


I was hoping to come up with 12 for 2012, but 10 was really hard.

Hope you have a blessed year!!


1 comment:

Sidra said...

Erica, what a shining light of inspiration you are!