"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hebrews

I just finished a deep study on the book of Hebrews with BSF.  It was incredible and the holy spirit really spoke to me through this book.  I write all of my notes in the margin of my bible and my book of Hebrews is literally about to fall out (along with a few other great books) and I don't want to lose all the amazing things I have learned.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thought and attitudes of the heart.

4:16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and fine grace to help us in our time of need.

5:7 During the days of Jesus's life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death.

7:25 Because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood.  Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

10:10  And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once and for all.

10:23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

12:1 Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

12:2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

12:6 The Lord disciplines those he loves and punishes everyone he accepts as a son.  Endure hardship as discipline.  God is treating you as sons.

12:28  Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire".

13:5  Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

13:15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise.

All of these verses have really worked on my heart.  I have not been honoring God these past couple months.  I have been focusing on trying to please man, not Him.  I have been jealous and envious of material things.  I have been impatient with my kids and husband.  I have been whining to God about the wait for our little girl.  I could add many other things to the list, but for now, I will stick with these things.  I fall short.  Jesus Christ came to this world as a tiny innocent baby for me and for you.  He came so that we could be forgiven and have grace and his mercy.  He suffered on the cross as the perfect sacrifice for our sins.  All I have to do is come to him and sit at his throne of grace.  What a wonderful place to be.  I love knowing that as many times that I cry out to God and ask Him to change things, that Jesus did the same thing and he knows my heart.  I need to run with perseverance for the race marked out for ME.  Be obedient.  I need to fix my eyes on Jesus and not on things of this earth.  I need to be content with what I have and continually offer him a sacrifice of praise.  It says "CONTINUALLY"!!  I need to be joyful in the hardships because it means that he calls me his daughter.  This study clearly revealed the attitudes of my heart and I am so thankful that His word is alive and active and I am thankful for his forgiveness!  10:23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

2 comments:

Gigi said...

I struggle with the same things daily, and I am so thankful that we serve a God who loves us enough to discipline us. Whenever I am looking down, I try to remember to look up to Him and to thank Him instead of complaining. Isn't God's word the most comforting book we can ever read or study. I love being in Bible study!!

Anonymous said...

Good post! Love the honesty! Bsf has been great this year! love ya, sandi