"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Friday, January 27, 2012

Thankful for His Word

This week has been BLAH!!  It is crazy because last week was such a good week.  My heart was content, I was at peace with the adoption, financially felt secure, had a plan.  Then BAM!  This week, not content, not at peace, not feeling secure and without a plan.  I am upset that the adoption is taking so long with no end in site.  NO END!!  Mostly upset because there are 5 million orphans in Ethiopia and 78 orphanages and here we are... 1 1/2 years into the process and just at a stand still.  My heart aches for our daughter.  Then there is Uncle Sam...GRRRRRR!!!!  Not a friend of mine!!!(he started it all)  That is all I have to say there.  Then, my work has taken a nose dive in patients and I am not feeling secure at all in my ability to work.  Just not feeling it!!!  I am beat down and tired!  And God is saying....poor Erica, her pity party is so sad...HA HA..NOT!!!!  That is why I am so thankful for His living word, His grace, the truth!

Satan has been at full force in my life this week.  He loves to attack when you are feeling at peace and content.  I recognized it right away.  And this is what the word says "But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."  2 thess 3:3.  "Be self-controlled and alert.  Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.  Resist him, standing firm in the faith.." 1 Peter 5:8  Satan was trying to devour me and for a moment, I was letting him.  I was believing his lies and motives.  He is a LIAR!!  I need to not let my guard down. "Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil." 1 thess 5:21.   I need to put on the full armor of God EVERY SINGLE DAY. "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes". Ephesians 6:11

Today, I woke up and excited for a new day.  I put on the full armor of God, and I am ready.  I am trying to remember this "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 1thess 5:18.  I am thankful that his mercies are new every morning.  "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23.  How awesome is that!?  He forgives me for my discontentment, my lack of faith, anger and bitterness.  He has given me grace.

One last verse that I have found so powerful and I have held on to all week.
"The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"1 thess 5:24
It had a period in the bible, but I felt it deserved exclamation points.  AMEN????!!!!!  He's got this!

Now I just need to stand firm and believe it at all times!!!!!

1 comment:

Breanne said...

Stand firm my love! What a powerful blog, thank you for sharing your heart with us and are willing to be raw and real!

Praying for you and your precious family.