"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Soapy Disaster

It all started with a great idea. A pinterest idea. I made some dish soap a few months ago and it was not good. My dishes were dirty no matter how many times I washed them. So, I still had all the ingredients to go towards laundry detergent. I Love finding easy and practical ways to spend less so this was perfect. I followed the directions perfectly until it said'you don't want to let it boil because then it will boil over the pot'. Well, folks, when they mean boil over the pot, they mean massive amount of soap suds flowing over the pot without stopping it. I was beginning to think the kitchen was going to be full of soap. It filled the stove top and dripped inside the oven. Filled the drawer below. Poured onto the floor. It was a mess. It took hours to clean. We even had to take the oven apart! And there There is white soap residue all over the place. The best part was that I was making dinner for a friend tonight and the stove burners would not ignite. I guess they are caked in soap. Super! Lesson learned- ALL is cheaper than a new oven!

1 comment:

Stephanie and Jeff Stovall said...

What a disaster!!! I've seen other pinterest ideas end in a hot mess too! I hope everything is back to working order soon!