"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Thursday, April 19, 2012

AMAZED!

I stand here amazed and in awe at our AWESOME GOD!  I am not sure why I am amazed and why I am surprised.  Yet AGAIN, He has provided and I give all the glory to Him.  My mission trip is fully funded.  I am going to write this down because as time goes by, I don't want to forget what he has done for me.

I told my friend, Carrie, in November that I couldn't go on the mission trip because there was NO WAY we could afford it.  I crunched numbers and felt it was impossible.  But, God kept tugging  on my heart and Carrie kept encouraging me to just say "yes" and he would provide.  I did not feel that fundraising was the way to go as we have already been fundraising for an adoption, so I felt that if I am to go, it would be fully God providing the way.  In the beginning, two sweet friends just sent checks in the mail.  I never asked.  They just came.  Then, EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK, work would slow down and as soon as it was my shift to work, it got busy or someone called in.  I worked my regular shifts and worked almost an extra shift every week.  One prn nurse I work with has been cancelled at least nine times in the past several months.  Me?  NONE!!  He has provided.  Then, my sister-in-law bought some t-shirts for our family that put money in my fund.

Just this week, I was getting worried and letting doubt sink-in.  I decided to join in on the ordinary hero fundraiser where they give a $500 grant to the 3 top sellers of their products.  Also, 40% of what I sell goes to my mission fund.  What I loved is that you could buy products that would be given to children in Africa.  For example, donkeys, sheep, water shoes, blankets, back-packs.  I liked this idea more than asking people to buy t-shirts.  I still was not wanting to ask anyone to help me out...sigh...pride....But, the first night, my dear friend, Stephanie bought a donkey!!!  How AWESOME is that?  Today, I began to crunch numbers again.  My faith was wavering.  But, on my heart the whole time was "I am able, Erica, trust me, I will do immeasurably more than you can ask or imagine."  Over and over again I heard this.  I just randomly looked up my mission trip webpage and someone provided EXACTLY the rest of the money I needed for my trip.  HOW INCREDIBLE IS THAT? I tear up every time I think about it!  I don't know who you are, but I THANK YOU!!!!

Why do I ever doubt?  As we began our adoption journey I doubted that we could do it because it was so expensive.  He provided.  Every step of the way, he has provided.  I doubted that I could make it on this mission trip and he provided.  The funny thing is that I encouraged my neighbor to go with me and she doubted that she could make it work financially and I was the one that was encouraging her.  I kept telling her God would provide.  Just say yes and he will make the way.  I guess it is easier said than done. HA!   Her trip has been fully funded too!!  She has completely blessed me in a huge way.  She has paid for ALL of my shots and we are having a garage sale this weekend that she wanted to do for me.  I am blessed beyond measure.  One day, I will learn.  I will just completely trust that He is in complete control.  One day, I will let go completely.  But, I am a work in progress.  He is constantly molding me and making me into the woman he created me to be.  For this, I am thankful.

God is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine. Ephesians 3:20

The Lord us done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.  Psalms 126:3

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.  Hebrews 10:23

The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.  1 thess 5:24

No comments: