"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Celebrating 1 year

We decided to go celebrate our 1 year dte anniversary at an Ethiopian restaraunts. I had no idea where to go and a friend texted me that there was a groupon for an Ethiopia restaraunt in dallas. I was so excited. I paid$15 for dinner for two which was two appetizers, two entrees and two desserts. We were both kind of nervous because we had no idea what to expect. The waitress basically told us what to order and we just went with it. Our appetizers were both yummy. We had sambosa and cechebsa which was chopped up flatbread with a sweet spicy sauce. It was so good. For our entree we had doro wot which is a spicy stew with chicken and a boiled egg. We also had rib eye tibs that kind of reminded me of fajitas but a different flavor. You do not use silverware at all. Injera is a spongy flatbread and you tear off pieces and eat the food with that. The sweet waitress came and gave us a tutorial on how to eat it. We loved all of it! It was fun to be surrounded by Ethiopian people today. Almost everyone there was Ethiopian. I just soaked it all in and thought about Annie. Perfect way to end our day!

No comments: